Sunday, March 20, 2011

First glimpse at the new Wonder Woman...

I really have no faith in the entertainment industry at all anymore, which is why I take solace in watching old movies on TCM.  Here's a picture of the new Wonder Woman costume:


I can't stand the costume at ALL, but I'm guessing maybe it's a promo picture, and/or this show is going to rely heavily on CGI. Or it's going to be constantly be nighttime on the show, a lá Smallville, so we can't tell that her tiara is plastic. I can forgive the fabric and plastic (somewhat) if they do something in CGI to fix it. Then again, I'm getting sick of CGI.

That being said, the blue boots are CRAP.  Why would you want to get rid of Wonder Woman's red boots?  They're iconic!  The costume's fabric is cheap-looking, especially the red fabric, which looks like it came from a 1950's bar stool. And how does this girl move, let alone breathe? I feel sorry for her if she loses a contact lens and has to bend over with that pointy plastic thing sitting right on her abdomen. Goddesses don't need underwires, either, and that's the icing on this crappy Halloween costume's cake for me.

And the pipe cleaner lasso?  Sigh.

For some reason Adrienne Palicki just doesn't look at fierce as she has in other pictures I've seen of her.  There's a softness in her face that doesn't work for Wonder Woman.  Hopefully they can play up those cheekbones somehow.

What do you guys think?  Any fans of this new ensemble?  (Don't be afraid to speak up!)

7 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

Bleeding Cool pulled a bunch of Photoshop fixes off the internet, and they're all improvements.

LissBirds said...

Really? I've got to go check those out. Thanks!

Eyz said...

Usually promo pictures look like this:
http://eyzmaster.blogspot.com/2011/02/movie-news-spidey-title-new-pic.html
Because they're meant to sell us the product, despite how good or bad the costumes may look.

Since they're barely even trying here...
The costume looks like one of those Halloween costumes you can see online.

And don't expect her to be fierce, they're going the Ally McBeal route here. She'll be needy, unprofessional and girly... not the strong member of the Trinity comic fans know her for.

SallyP said...

She'd probably look fiercer if she could...oh I don't know...BREATHE! Or move, or sit, or bend, or kick or even walk.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Actually, I knda like it. She doesn't look like an Amazonian princess to me though, so...

Saranga said...

Ugh, I hate it. I'm hoping ti will look better away from the harsh studio lights.

Actually I'm hoping they change it to dark trousers, actual cloth fabric and red boots.

The One True GL said...

I thought I posted this comment like 5 days ago, but alas blogger had other ideas...

Anyway, sorry to link to your own blog, but I think either of these two costumes would translate better to live action:

http://comicsmakemehappy.blogspot.com/2010/07/wonder-womans-new-costume.html

http://comicsmakemehappy.blogspot.com/2010/09/fashion-friday-wonder-woman-photo-manip.html

The colours need to be darker for live action.